The Palm Beach County Library System is providing printed employment/reemeployment applications for those affected by COVID-19.
The forms are available at the main entrance of several library branches and library staff members are available to answer questions by phone, email and chat services seven days a week.
The state of Florida is again accepting applications for unemployment benefits by mail due to a number of issues with the Department of Economic Opportunity's website and call center.
Gov. DeSantis says the state has been working to fix the problems and by most accounts things have improved.
The form is available at the following libraries:
- Acreage Branch 15801 Orange Blvd. Loxahatchee, 33407 (561) 681-4100
- Belle Glade Branch 725 NW 4th St. Belle Glade, 33430 (561)996-3453
- Gardens Branch 11303 Campus Dr. PBG, 33410 (561) 626-6133
- Glades Road Branch 20701 95th Ave S. Boca Raton, 33434 (561) 482-4554
- Greenacres Branch 3750 Jog Rd. Greenacres, 33467 (561) 641-9100
- Jupiter Branch 705 Military Tr. Jupiter, 33458 (561) 744-2301
- Lantana Road Branch 4020 Lantana Rd. Lake Worth, 33462 (561) 304-4500
- Main Library 3650 Summit Blvd. WPB, 33406 (561) 233-2600
- Okeechobee Blvd. Branch 5689 W. Okeechobee Blvd. WPB, 33417 (561) 233-1880
- Royal Palm Beach Branch 500 Civic Center Way Royal Palm Beach, 33411 (561) 790-6030
- Wellington Branch 1951 Royal Fern Dr. Wellington, 33414 (561) 790-6070
- West Boca Branch 18685 State Rd 7 Boca Raton, 33498 (561) 470-1600
- West Boynton Branch 9451 Jog Rd. Boynton Beach, 33437 (561) 734-5556
Meanwhile, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has launched a new, mobile-friendly website where you can apply for unemployment benefits.
This after the old website kept crashing, not allowing thousands of unemployed Floridans to log on and apply for benefits. The governor this week cited improvements to the system.
Photo: Getty Images